Thursday, February 21, 2013

Paying It Forward



A few years ago when I pulled up to the Starbucks window for my regular drink I was told that someone had paid for it (this is the second time this has happened to me, the first time was when I was still in high school). I wanted to pay it forward and keep it going, but surprisingly  no one was in line behind me. I still remember the feeling I got that day and how that little gesture made my day.

I have since paid it forward a few times at different drive throughs and at the car repair shop when someone couldn't afford to fill up his tire that had a slow leak in it. Obviously, I didn't do it for the attention or the thanks (he didn't even know it was me) but I did it because I feel like even if there is a small thing I can do to help someone then I want to do it. I remember how good it felt when someone had gone out of their way to do something for me.  I guess it isn't completely selfless either, because I do love the feeling I get knowing I could have helped put a smile on someone's face.

So, last month Megan over at Absolute Mommy offered a pay it forward chain of sorts that she was participating in. The first three people that commented on her blog post with their email address would receive something from her (by mail) in the next 6 months as long as we did our part to pay it forward to three people. So, that  is where you all come in. The first three people that leave me their email address( we will email to get your physical address, no need posting it on here for all to see) will receive something from me in the next 6 months; could be next week or a few months from now.

Then all you need to do is offer the same!

3 comments:

  1. Ok I was not planning on commenting to get something...just to comment! I know isn't it amazing how people do such nice things for each other? I had someone pay for my drink at SB too...and I thought how nice was that? It's amazing what kind of compassion we can have for others if we just let it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with natalie above...not commenting just to get something. ;) it's so sweet you had someone surprise and pay for you twice...it really does make your day...those little things that make such a HUGE difference. even when i'm out and people actually take the time to smile at you instead of bump into you without saying excuse me - that makes my day. :)
    i've been meaning to ask you for your address for quite some time now. if you wouldn't mind, could you email it to me when you get a chance? thanks so much. have a great day, ashley! xoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! This brings such joy to my soul!! I would love to be a part of this. It's such a neat idea to bless others! It's amazing how such simple gestures can still bring so much goodness into a person. Love it!

    jazmiller09@yahoo.com

    You are too sweet! xo

    ReplyDelete