Sunday, February 3, 2013

Menu Plan Monday (on a Sunday)


It's been awhile since I have done a menu planning post. Mainly because I have really been slacking in that department, lately.

One of my resolutions was to get back on the ball and stop wasting money and food because of poor planning on my part. Plus, I have been feeling more adventurous lately and have been wanting to try new recipes. We all know I am not the world's greatest cook and I tend to stay in my comfort zone, but I have been branching out.


Sunday:
Crockpot beef stew (post to come on this later)

Monday:
Carne asada tacos (cooked up enough meat while putting the stew together so I wouldn't have to cook meat two days in a row) and Spanish rice

Tuesday:
Mini meatloafs and cauliflower mashed potatoes (this will be a new recipe for me and I am very excited to try it out!)

Wednesday:
Leftovers (I try to have one night a week where we eat leftovers; less waste and less planning)

Thursday:
Spinach mozzarella pasta and steamed veggies

Friday:
Family dinner

Saturday:
Hubby's "after the holidays"  holiday dinner

Sunday:
Mini pizzas


5 comments:

  1. Man, your menu for the week looks a lot better than mine! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you have a night for leftovers! i was just telling steve that once the baby comes and i (hope) to truly (and eventually) get on a meal plan schedule, that i'm glad we both like leftovers. it's such a money saver and help. the carne asada tacos sound amazing! i always want mexican food. looks like you have a great set of meals planned for this week!
    hope your weekend was wonderful, ashley! <3<3<3
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!! I found you through the GFC blog hop!! And am now following. :) I love your menu plan post!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally slacked on my meal planning over the holidays. Last week I FINALLY got back into it, and it's SO HELPFUL! I don't know why I stopped doing it.

    Let us know how those cauliflower mashed "potatoes" turn out! And I hope your stew turned out well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to start planning meals too! You're so organized! The mini meatloafs sound yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete