Friday, December 28, 2012

Pinned it and Did it- Holiday


What did I ever do without Pinterest? Yes, this isn't deja vu. You have "heard" me utter this phrase a time or two on the blog.

Seriously, though... I am obsessed.

Up until the dreaded flu bug hit our house we were quite the busy bees when it came to crafting and baking this season and I loved every second of it. I am not usually one who gets into ALOT of baking and usually I like my hubby nearby so he can help in case of an emergency ( and let's face it....he is just better at some things than I am and baking is one of those things).



We made these stove top potpourri as teacher's gifts for Jaxson to take to preschool. Super simple and a really fun gift. Here is where you can find the directions.


We made some Peppermint Stick Hot Cocoa in jars.

Source

We made cinnamon applesauce ornaments for the first time and they smelled heavenly. They are so easy to make and make your home smell wonderful. I seriously think I should keep a batch of dough on hand and just pop it in the oven when company comes over.

We made quite a few to use as a tie on for our packages. I have some leftover and am thinking of using them as air fresheners in my car. What do you think?

Source
Jaxson and I made  all natural dog treats for the first time and they are Kona approved. He loved them. We made up  a few gift bags and gave them to the special dogs in our lives. :)
I think these are something I will start making regularly. Cheaper than buying them and I may add some crumbled bacon in next time.
You can find the recipe here

We made reindeer cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve. They looked awfully cute before I baked them......then they spread out and ran together and looked more like teddy bear heads, but they were still cute!

recipe here
Last, but certainly not least, we made peppermint bark.  Tutorial to come on that later. :)


2 comments:

  1. i love everything, ashley!! so sweet you shared these moments with kendra and jaxon. the potpourri is so pretty and the peppermint bark looks amazing - i could eat the whole pan!! thanks so much for sharing the ideas!! i hope you've had a relaxing night. <3<3<3
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome with pinterest. I don't know how, but I'm not sure I follow you on there. Email me your username if you don't mind. :)

    ReplyDelete