Thursday, September 29, 2011

Guest post from my hubby!!

 
 As part of a weekly link up challenge I was asked to have a guest post from someone who is close to me, and who better to do it than my husband! When I asked him to do it, he didn't even complain. :)
 
 
 
I met Ashley through a friend of mine who had a crush on her at the at the time (and many other of her friends through the years). We were 16 and he asked me to go with him to a Special Olympics charity bowling event with a couple of girls. I thought to myself,  how did  he ever convince these two girls to go bowling with us? We ended up having a lot of fun and I took a liking to Ashley. After the event, he told me that Ashley wanted me to call her. I was really shy . In true tough guy fashion, I told him she should call me instead. Ten minutes later the phone rang . 
   We dated briefly, like most 15 and 16 year olds do. We didn’t see each other for about 3 years, then we ran into each other at a party.  We instantly made a connection and after 4.5 years of dating, we were married on 7/21/07. Now we have 2 wonderful children; Jaxson and Kendra .
  Occasionally I talk in my sleep and one night I sat up and told her “she was wonderful, she was like the gravy and I was the mashed potatoes” and that is so true. When I’m having a bad day she always knows how to bring a smile to my face.  Ashley works so hard making sure the kids are taken care of while I’m away and making sure the house stays clean. We have definitely had our share of rough days over the years, but I always know those  days are followed by great days.  When I call home and she's stressed trying to get dinner on the table, and she's busy chasing the kids around she gets frustrated because I always ask “what’s for dinner” I only do it because I’m excited to hear her voice and look forward to her dinners. I couldn’t imagine spending my life with anyone else. You are an amazing wife, and an even better mom.  I love you.   

Wasn't that sweet? It brought back some memories!

I am linking up over here today, so click and come on over!

1 comment:

  1. That was seriously adorable! I love getting to hears guys perspective on things. :D you got yourself a great man there!

    ReplyDelete