Monday, October 1, 2012

Life Lately (in photos)



This weekend was the annual Pumpkin Pitch/Harvest Festival. Our community just started putting this event in the last five years and it is so much fun! There are tons of free children's activities and a pumpkin pitching contest. What is that?  Well, basically teams prepare all year and have huge tre buchets(catapults) that are pretty impressive and high tech. Not just anyone can enter this....you have to have the money, the time and the resources for one of these babies.

Basically they just pitch the pumpkins and see who's goes the furthest. The first year the calculations were a bit off and let's just say that people's houses were hit....quite a ways away.

This year when some pumpkins splattered, pieces flew into the crowd and hit people. :(

But, all in all, it is fun to see them fly!


Who needs a stroller when Grandpa is around?!


We took a hay ride

We made Zucchini/pumpkin cars....

and then we raced them. Too bad we broke an axle!

I just love this picture because she let me do her hair!


Saturday was a warm, sunny day and didn't feel like Fall one bit! It is still hard to believe that it is October!

Here are a few more things we have been up to:

We made a trip to a local feeding station for the herds of elk. Since it is mating season we figured we would see some. We saw close to 40! The kids LOVED it!


I did a little bit of Halloween decorating. Thank you Dollar Tree! I plan on making a spider web wreath today. Pics to come soon (if it turns out, of course).



I felt especially crafty the other day when Jaxson and I made a felt board. This is something I had been wanting to do for some time. I think I ended up making close to 20 pieces for the board, so far. It is slow going...especially if you lack in the drawing dept! I can't wait to add more pieces to our collection. The best part was that it was .99 for the board and all the felt was on sale at JoAnnes so the project cost under $5.00 total!


What have you all been up to?

5 comments:

  1. Love this! Looks like a definite fun time and what great memories!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omygosh, flying pumpkins and zuchinni cars...so much fun! I admire all the fun you always have and make for your family, Ashley! You all are truly blessed!!
    I bet Jaxon and Kendra loved every bit of their day.
    Kendra's poncho and boots - adorable...you always have her stylin'!! I'm so glad to see your days have been filled with love...thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers always. Thank you for your friendship and thoughtful words.
    I hope this week is all things good.
    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww how I love fall! Looks like you guys are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you watch Modern Family?? There is a whole episode about something called Punkin' Chunkin' - it's just like what you describe!! I would LOVE to see something like that in person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I am so envious of everything you guys are all doing with Fall now upon you :) I need to move to America!
    Your kiddos are so adorable Ashley, and I love Kendra's piggy tails!!
    You look so pretty in that pic too, I think I commented on Instagram. So glad you are all out having some good family fun, have a great week!!! xo

    ReplyDelete