Sunday, April 28, 2013

Jaxson's 4th Birthday!



I know, I know, we all say it, but seriously how is my baby growing up so fast?! In the blink of an eye my little guy has grown into such a little man! I have been so blessed in this life to have the opportunity to be momma to this sweet, sensitive, caring, smart and bossy little guy. He is such a little leader and go getter. Right now he loves to tell jokes and they are beginning to finally make sense and be funny! He loves Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers, Iron Man and anything to do with sea animals.  He has such a love for reading and has an endless stream of questions constantly! At least we have moved beyond the "why" phase after I say everything. Don't worry, Kendra still has that one covered for me. ;) His favorite color is blue and his favorite food is probably spaghetti with green beans and cottage cheese. He goes back and forth between saying he wants to be a zookeeper at the San Diego Zoo and a fireman who works with Daddy.

He is a definite nurturer and always seem to be in tune to the feelings of the people around him, especially me. He is a bit more cautious then his sister when it comes to doing things he perceives as "scary" but he is not shy when it comes to meeting people and striking up conversations. He has made me so proud and I can not wait to see what this year holds for us!

So, with all that said we celebrated Jaxson's birthday with an under the sea family party last weekend (two days before his actual birthday).

Total momma fail since I took hardly any pictures at all! Oops.

The cake turned out so well and was really yummy!

On Tuesday he was VIP at preschool and brought a special treat for snack for all of his friends.
I spent the morning with him at preschool and afteward we headed to a nearby town with friends to go to Jump Zone, which is an indoor jump park complete with different bouncy houses and slides. It was so fun! We had some admission passes we had gotten at an auction and this was the perfect opportunity to use them. After the kids got sufficiently tired we went to an AMAZING ice cream place with all local home made ice cream. There were some interesting flavors, such as avocado, which was what Brandon had. It was surprisingly good! I had a dark chocolate orange chunk and I want to go back just for that. To.die.for!


After ice cream we headed to a local park to enjoy some warm weather!

Last night we celebrated with his friends at a local play area called Jungle Playland. We are still recovering from all of that fun! Pics of that to come later!

5 comments:

  1. Happy 4th Birthday to your handsome little man (who looks a lot like his mummy in that last picture!) That cake is AMAZING!! It is hard to accept that kids grow up isn't it? So bittersweet...I hope you all had a fantastic time celebrating him xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Jaxson!! His birthday cake is so so neat. I bet he loved it!! And the shark cupcakes are super cute - you did an awesome job, Ashley!! I agree with Kerry - he looks so much like you! So does Kendra. Whenever I see your IG photos of her I think "mini Ashley!" :) I'm so glad you all had fun celebrating! The ice cream place sounds amazing - avocado ice cream...ohmygosh, I love anything with avocado...sounds interesting. And the flavor you got sounds so good too! I have been on an ice cream kick. I can't get enough of it!
    I hope you have a wonderful last day of April! Thinking of you and sending tons of love! Have a great day, my friend! Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, time DOES fly by. Too fast!
    What a perfect birthday for him! And sometimes it's just way better to enjoy every moment of the day instead of focusing on taking pictures :)
    That cake is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you make that cake?! It's incredible! Great job!

    It sounds like he had quite the birthday celebration (or celebrations!), and I hope you all enjoyed spoiling your handsome little guy. What fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow! That cake! And those cupcakes! Awesome!! Happy birthday to your "little" man :)

    Kristine -The Foley Fam {unedited}

    ReplyDelete