Thursday, September 13, 2012

I should be sleeping...........



Now that I titled my post I should be sleeping, I have that country song stuck in my head. :)

Well, it's true. I should be sleeping. We have a very busy, but very exciting day ahead of us tomorrow!

Jaxson has his first day of preschool! I seriously can not believe it. I am a jumble of emotions and will probably cry a bit. :( I don't know what to expect from him either. He was so hesitant and so resistant to the whole idea of preschool but in the last few weeks he has really warmed up to it. We had his orientation on Tuesday morning and he actually cried when it was time to leave. So, I am taking this as a good sign. I hope tomorrow goes smoothly when he realizes that I am not staying with him this time. I also hope that Kendra doesn't throw a tantrum that she can't stay with him. Those two have become quite close to one another and it breaks my heart to separate them.

If I am being totally honest I also worry about how he will act and what he will say. I know I am not always the best example and have moments of frustration and times where bad words have slipped out. I am not perfect and never do I pretend to be. However, I don't want those faults to be on display for all. :)

I also worry a bit about the bathroom issue. He has not had a single accident in months but when we were at orientation he peed his pants. I think he was so excited and overwhelmed and unfamiliar that he just didn't know what to do. We showed him the bathroom, so all I can do is hope that he remembers to go before it's too late.  So, here I am worrying like crazy, which I know isn't going to do me any good but hey, it's my nature and my right as a mother.

Wish us luck tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I am praying for him RIGHT NOW, that he has a great day, and that you do well too. I know how hard it is sending kiddoes off to preschool sometimes, but he will do GREAT. Can't wait to hear how he does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he is having a wonderful first day! I bet he'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Jaxon's first day was wonderful!! I loved the photos on Instagram! He is so so cute!
    It is such a great sign he cried when he had to leave...he must love it already!
    Wishing you the best and hoping you get to enjoy some relaxation time this weekend, Ashley! :)
    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete