Saturday, November 19, 2011

Random"ness"

So, my thoughts are a bit jumbled this morning and I have a lot swirling through my mind. Consequently, this post may come out a little choppy and be random.

I thought I would just share some funny things Jaxson has said and done the last week. This little guy certainly is a source of entertainment.
Jaxson loves to be a helper in the kitchen. I must confess that I am not much of a cook and don't generally enjoy cooking. However, in the past few years I have come to enjoy it more and hopefully, I am getting better at it. I hope to teach my children to cook. So far, though, Jaxson loves to "cook" . It always puts a smile on my face when he says he wants to cook cheese and juice for dinner. You are wondering about my cooking skills at this point, aren't you?

Over the weekend, he was being watched by his Tam Tam(my mother in law) and during his bath he turns to her and says rather loudly "DJ, turn it up!" Ha... this is from a popular song. Didn't know he was paying that much attention to the lyrics.

Yesterday morning, upon waking up and noticing the snow, he says "HOLY COW". I think he gets that from me.

Both my children are like goats, they seek out the tallest thing they can find and climb it. Jaxson likes to announce himself by screaming his name and then serenading whoever is around with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I think it is pretty adorable, until it is being repeated for the tenth time. We sing it so much in this house that both my children's first phrase was "up above". :)

While in the car running errands with Tam Tam, Jaxson says in an alarmed voice that there was a spider in Tam Tam's hair. There wasn't. He got a good laugh out of it. Apparently, he is going to be a jokester like his dad.

A few months ago while shopping in a nearby mall Jaxson was getting antsy and the mannequins in the window caught his attention. Instead of touching them like most kids, at the prompting of his grandpa, he proceeded to stand perfectly still and pretended to be one. He was so still and posed in fact that people stopped to look. He never even twitched or blinked. I was impressed, but it also left me wondering why on Earth can he not stand that still any other time, like, say when he is waiting for me to put him in his car seat.

On our drive to the coffee stand (which I am ashamed to admit, I frequent far too often) there is a statue of a horse which Jax likes to point out. One day I asked him what the horse's name should be. He thought for quite a while and then said "Salmon". Where did that even come from?!

Yesterday, once we were in Target and kids were secured in the cart I noticed a friend had come in right behind me. I scooted the cart over to the side so we could stand and chat a bit. A few minutes into our conversation I heard someone say, " well... you will have to ask your mom if it is ok."  He was literally ordering from the back of the shopping cart to the barista at Starbucks. Apparently, he asked for two pink cake pops, please. One for him and one for his sissy. I got a good laugh at that one.... and yes, I did get two pink cake pops. I am a bad mom with a sweet tooth.


I could literally go on and on, but I won't! Have a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:

  1. What a sight it must have been to see Jaxon standing next to the mannequins. That must have put a big smile on the passerby's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! He is pretty darn cute, DJ turn it up! They grab on to everything and anything they hear, so funny:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omygoodness, so much to comment on!! so adorable he was ordering up a round of cake pops!! i love it!!
    i LOL at "dj turn it up!" hahaha
    it is amazing what kids pick up. my friend's daughter sings all of rhianna's songs at the top of her lungs...kinda making up her own lyrics. i cry from laughing so hard.
    SO sweet that he was acting as a mannequin at the mall!! great pic!
    and i'm with jaxson. i'm all about cookin' cheese. that's my cooking level too :)
    hope you had a wonderful weekend <3
    xoxo
    maria

    ReplyDelete