Monday, May 14, 2012

Menu Planning.....

A few weeks ago I told you that I was trying to be better about the execution part of my meal planning. Well, I did manage to do a bit better just not as good as I was hoping. :(

I did, however, go out and get this handy dandy planner and I am loving it!


It is actually two separate magnetic planners I purchased from Target.


The top is a day by day breakdown of each person's schedule. It is nice because I can keep up on Brandon's shift changes and Brandon will stop asking me a million times what we have planned for the weekend.


This is a great meal planner for me, because as things arise or my mood changes I can switch around what we are having each day. Sometimes I am just not feeling it, you know?!


I have decided that I need to attempt to start planning our lunches because we are seriously lacking variety around here when it comes to our lunches. The kids would be content to have a sandwich everyday! I am not.

Here is what is on the menu this week:

Monday:

Lunch: leftover pasta salad with sliced turkey pepperoni
Dinner: hot dog crescent rolls with cheese and potato salad

Tuesday:

Lunch: turkey and cheese sandwich with sliced fruit
Dinner: @ Mom's

Wednesday:

Lunch: Mac & Cheese with grapes and peas and carrots
Dinner: Rosemary Dijon breaded porkchops with a green salad


Thursday:

Lunch: Scrambled eggs and toast
Dinner: Meatloaf,potatoes and green beans

Friday:

Lunch: Mini pizzas
Dinner: Tuna melts and a veggie?

Saturday:

Lunch: grilled ham and cheese
Dinner: Hamburgers and fries

Sunday:

Lunch: I don't know! 
Dinner: BBQ

I would love some easy go to lunch suggestions.     

   
    

8 comments:

  1. This is a good start... good luck with the rest of the execution. We are actually starting to move some stuff out of my house into the "marital home". I am excited but at the same time I am still living where I am for another 3 months... it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! =) I wish I could be more planned out when it comes to daily life. I know I feel SO much better and productive when I have some form of plan in place. =) Thanks for your kind words on my blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY, I was like, why don't I ever see Ashley's updates?? Cause I never pushed follow! Jeez!

    I am the WORST at meal planning. I have tried, and I had some success with pinning meals, but life and schedules get too hectic and I just can't stick to it. I like your idea of erasable calendars though, to move things around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lunch is always hard for me...we try to do leftovers but lots of times we don't have any. I am loving those magnetic planners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one organized woman, Ashley!
    It sounds like you, the Mr, Kendra and Jaxson have a lot of great meals to look forward to. I save some of your posts to my favorites bc you always have such awesome tips. Thanks for sharing!
    Hope you're having a good day!
    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this for ideas for some new dinners at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Menu planning seriously saves my life, my check book, and my sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That magnetic calendar is cool! I love how it breaks it down to lunch and dinner.

    ReplyDelete