Sunday, October 16, 2011

Apple Pickin'

Here is what Jaxson picked
Yesterday was a gorgeous fall day here in the Pacific Northwest! And by gorgeous I mean it was sunny and 55 degrees. :) 
We took advantage of that and headed to a local farm's harvest festival. My brother and his girlfriend were in town and they were the ones who had the idea. I had never been before, but we had so much fun that I hope to make this an annual tradition! 
The farm was abuzz with lots of excitement. There were hayrides(which Jaxson refused to go on), mini tractors and tire swings for the kids, a pumpkin patch, chickens, a haunted house, live music, rows and rows and rows of apples and pears. Of course, there was lots of yummy home baked goods too. Now, I have never been a kettle corn fan (not a fan of the sweet and salty combo), but they had so many different flavors. I tried the chocolate and it tasted a lot like cereal but you know what, I liked it!
In the orchard
Found a good one
He was tired from all that walking
my little farmer
enjoying the sunshine and apple cider
yummy kettlecorn 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog! I love pizza, I could eat it all day everyday. :)

    I love this post and the pictures are great! I live in Hawaii so I have never experienced what fall looks or feels like. This looks like so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like SUCH a fun day! I love family outings! :) They're the best, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete