Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dinner in a Pinch

So, I don't know about you, but come four in the afternoon  I hit panic mode because I realize I have nothing planned for dinner. This happens way more times than I should admit. ;) Also, I am not much of a cook, but I am learning, slowly but surely. It is a good thing my husband has patience with me.


Because of this, I have learned to forage in my cupboards and come up with some quick meals. With that said, it is not the healthiest but definetly an alternative to fast food.

Here is what you need:
- 2 cans of Campbell's Chunky Potato, Broccoli and Cheese soup
- Rice ( white or brown, we prefer brown in our household)
-Frozen peas and carrots
- Shredded cheese of your choice
-and any seasoning of your choice (I like Montreal chicken seasoning) 




Then it is as simple as making your soup, peas and carrots and rice ( best to make four servings if you are using two cans of soup) and combining them all together. Stir in some cheese and top with some seasoning. It makes for a quick casserole that my children seem to love.

Hope you like it!


1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy!! I love coming up with meals on the fly...do you ever watch Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade?? That's what this reminds me of...I love cooking that way. So much easier, but still home cooking.

    ReplyDelete