Thursday, October 6, 2011

Simple things......

Sometimes it is far too easy to get caught up in our day to day routines and not take time to appreciate all that is around us. I know for me, that too often I feel like I am going a million miles and hour and hardly have time to catch my breath. Now, I know this goes with the territory of having two toddlers. I love my crazy, busy, life but lately I feel like I need to start saying "no" more. No to more commitments and just take the time to enjoy what is happening in the moment and not worry about what needs to get done next.
What I have realized is that my world will not fall apart if my house is really messy and I am behind (really behind) on laundry. This past weekend was the messiest my house has probably ever been and you know, it was also one of the funnest weekends I have had in a long time. I didn't do anything extravagant. It was the simple pleasures I enjoyed. We went to two pumpkin patches, did a corn maze, had a hay ride and went to a petting zoo. We also slept late, went to breakfast and picked out a new family pet. I had so much fun just being in the moment and seeing my kids enjoy things for the first time. I still am behind on laundry and housework and for those that know me, that is a big deal.  I used to be really anal about thing being picked up, but I have been learning to let go and just go with it a little more.

I am linking up
And just another little reminder...... my double giveaway ends tonight, so be sure to get your entry in here

1 comment:

  1. i'm a followin baby!
    just liked the flower pot(emily's business)

    ReplyDelete